From: Janek Kozicki (janek.listy.mailowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-11 13:00:52

Marc Viala via Boost said: (by the date of Fri, 11 Oct 2024 07:21:29 +0200)

> Le lun. 7 oct. 2024 à 01:50, Brook Milligan via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> a écrit :
>

> > > On Oct 6, 2024, at 1:13 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost <
> > boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would think that serialization should be added to this list as it uses
> > > a lot of "deprecated" libraries and this is not going to change.
> >
> > > I would expect that the serialization library is used for possibly
> > long-term archives and so stability would be super important.
> >
> > > If so, it should not be deprecated, which might suggest that whatever it
> > depends should not be either. Perhaps this needs more > thought?
> >
> > Sorry for the delay. This is the case in our production code. We heavily
> use Boost.Serialization and since back 2004. We have hundreds of systems in
> use by our customers. So, this library must be considered with a lot of
> attention.
>
> Best regards,
> Marc Viala

I agree that serialization is an extremely useful library. I use it
in almost all of my projects, and for example YADE software, which
I co-founded 20 years ago, is very widely used by the universities
around the world. Removing serialization library would be a very
major blow.

best regards
Janek Kozicki

--
Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdansk University of Technology (Gdansk Tech)