From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-16 06:16:29

Hi all,

the formal boost review of the async-mqtt5 library strats today, the
16th of October and will last until and including the 25th of this
month.

Async.MQTT5 is a professional, industrial-grade C++17 client built on
Boost.Asio. This Client is designed for publishing or receiving
messages from an MQTT 5.0 compatible Broker. Async.MQTT5 represents a
comprehensive implementation of the MQTT 5.0 protocol standard,
offering full support for publishing or receiving messages with QoS 0,
1, and 2.

The library has been developed by mireo, a GPS/GIS software
development company, and their CTO Ivica Siladić submitted it.

The code under review is the current master, which is tagged as
v1.0.2: https://github.com/mireo/async-mqtt5/releases/tag/v1.0.2
The documentation can be found here: https://spacetime.mireo.com/async-mqtt5/

Please explicitly state that you either *accept* or *reject* the inclusion
of this library into boost.
Also please indicate the time & effort spent on the evaluation and give the
reasons for your decision.

- Does this library bring real benefit to C++ developers for real world
use-case?
- Do you have an application for this library?
- Does the API match with current best practices?
- Is the documentation helpful and clear?
- Did you try to use it? What problems or surprises did you encounter?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- Do you have experience with asio?
- Did you work with MQTT in the past?