From: Seth (bugs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-20 22:06:53

On Sun, Oct 20, 2024, at 11:09 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2024 at 1:31 PM Ivica Siladic <ivica.siladic_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> TlsContext is indeed not a concept
>

> I think that the treatment of TlsContext in the public API doesn't rise to
> the same level of quality as the rest of the library. I'm not sure what the
> best way to improve it is, though.

When I read that, I was already thinking that there could be a factory for (tls) streams. Many dynamic IO frameworks (in other languages) seem to have this approach, I think I remember it from my Java past and even the Curl API seemed to have multiple callbacks to customize e.g. socket creation and configuration.

Of course, this type of customization can be modeled as a "strategy mixin" in the good old Modern C++ spirit. The principle remains the same.