From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-25 20:06:19

On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 12:27 PM Marcelo Zimbres Silva <mzimbres_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> That is not how my previous message should be understood. The Redis
> protocol implementation in Boost.Redis is 100% sans-io. Multiplexing is not
> part of that specification [2], which that does not mean it can't be done.

Huh, fair enough I suppose. I'm kind of confused about how you've described
things but I'll take your word on it.

Interestingly, I just went to examine the docs for both libraries (MySQL
and Redis) and neither one seems to have actually documented what the
sans-I/O interface looks like.

I don't think this model is as successful as we're claiming it is.

I think a more direct "Hey, you can use this library without I/O, here's
how" style of documentation would help here and it should be a pointed
focus of the library. Neither MySQL nor Redis seem to do this. I'll trust
the claim that both libraries can work without I/O, I just don't know how
to do it.

- Christian