From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-25 21:57:56

On Fri, 25 Oct 2024, 22:06 Christian Mazakas via Boost, <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 12:27 PM Marcelo Zimbres Silva <mzimbres_at_[hidden]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > That is not how my previous message should be understood. The Redis
> > protocol implementation in Boost.Redis is 100% sans-io. Multiplexing is
> not
> > part of that specification [2], which that does not mean it can't be
> done.
> >

> Huh, fair enough I suppose. I'm kind of confused about how you've described
> things but I'll take your word on it.
>
> Interestingly, I just went to examine the docs for both libraries (MySQL
> and Redis) and neither one seems to have actually documented what the
> sans-I/O interface looks like.

MySQL is implemented as a sans-io layer that is private. I haven't had any
users request it, so I never made it public. It's a significant increase in
the public API, so I'm reluctant. I'm already benefitting from the easier
testing and fuzzing. If you (or anyone reading this) do think there is a
real use case for it, let me know.

Regards,
Ruben.