Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] [crossposting] glas and mtl4 - what are the commons and differences

From: Maik Beckmann (maikbeckmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 06:13:09

Hello dear mtl4 and glas people

I know ublas,
  - http://www.boost.org/libs/numeric/ublas/doc/index.htm
its potential successor glas (my impression)
  - http://sourceforge.net/projects/glas
and since yesterday mtl4
  - http://www.osl.iu.edu/research/mtl/mtl4/

ublas is the lib I use today. My impression is that glas is the implemented by
peoples (mainly Karl Meerbergen) who worked on ublas and want to rewrite it
from scratch with C++0x in mind.

On the other side theres mtl4, which will be the successor mtl2 (mainly
developed by Peter Gottschling).

What are the common goals and what are the differences between both template
libs?

The first thing I noticed is that both started using C++0x concepts and it
might be a good idea to share experiences on this very new area of C++
programming.

Another thing are blas/lapack backends like atlas. I think the numeric
bindings contained by boost-sandbox do a very good job.

Regards,
- Maik Beckmann