Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Paul C. Leopardi (leopardi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-17 05:40:14

Hi again, all.
I've been testing GluCat with Boost 1.32.0 and have noticed that GluCat now
often produces incorrect results when it uses uBLAS. The same GluCat code
when compile with Boost 1.31.0 produces correct results.

Where is the best place to obtain a list of changes in uBLAS between Boost
1.31.0 and Boost 1.32.0? Is it CVS?

I have used diff -rub to compare the two ublas directories Boost 1.31.0 vs
Boost 1.32.0) and this results in a file with 32781 lines of raw differences.
In order to understand what has gone wrong with GluCat/uBLAS I need to
understand the changes in uBLAS at a higher level.

It would also help if someone else could reproduce my results. GluCat 0.1.8,
currently on SourceForge, is not compatible with Boost 1.32.0. I have
attached to this message the relevant patches to GluCat 0.1.8 to enable it to
compile with Boost 1.32.0. I call the patched version GluCat 0.1.9. The
essential change in both configure and glucat.h is to remove the line
containing
    #include <boost/numeric/ublas/config.hpp>

Hopefully this investigation will come up with a set of assumptions made in
GluCat which are violated in the Boost 1.32.0 version of uBLAS. This may be
useful for further uBLAS or uBLAS Wiki development.
Best regards, Paul Leopardi