Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Riccardo Rossi (rrossi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 14:10:20

dear List,
      I am interested in the performance of the prod(...) operator, and
eventually in how to improve it

i am routinely working with small size 2*2 3*3 4*3 matrices and vectors
of which i know a-priori the size. I perform a huge number of matrix
operations between those little blocks and i am very interested in
optimizing the prod operator as much as possible for this cases. It may
even be interesting for me to hard code the prod operator for specific
cases if this would bring any important performance gain

does ublas include some blitz style optimizations for those cases? if
not could it be possible for me to include them?

as a second question i'd like to know if there is anything new about the
possibility of using matrices for which each entry is a dense matrix. i
know it used to be impossible, and i'd like to know if there is any
change in this or any plan to make it possible in the future.

thanks in advance

Riccardo