Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-26 04:32:51

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 20:10, Riccardo Rossi wrote:

> i am routinely working with small size 2*2 3*3 4*3 matrices and vectors
> of which i know a-priori the size. I perform a huge number of matrix
> operations between those little blocks and i am very interested in
> optimizing the prod operator as much as possible for this cases. It may
> even be interesting for me to hard code the prod operator for specific
> cases if this would bring any important performance gain

I would suggest to create your own small_matrix class with a fixed size and a
whole set of linear algebra operators. This way you have the full control
over all operations. You can convert your own data to a (read only) ublas
vector/matrix using my storage adaptor from
http://www.bauv.unibw-muenchen.de/~winkler/ublas/examples/index.html

Having small and fast classes in ublas would be a big advantage, but no one
volunteered to write them, yet.

mfg
Gunter