Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-01 19:19:13

Janek Kozicki schrieb:
> I hope that ublas authors will take my files and commit it to boost CVS.
> I'm sending them twice a year to the mailing list :p, just browse the
> archives.

Why is serialization of ublas vectors and matrices so important? In
numerical applications the matrices usually are computed from a small
set of input data, used for some computations and finally discarded.
Thus I am quite happy with the simple cout << M; cin >> M; methods
provided in io.hpp and my post from 2006-12-19.
The methods could also be a good starting point to make more
sophisticated serialization possible. (BTW is it more work than
replacing std::ostream by archive, << by & and dropping all delimiters?)

mfg
Gunter