Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] question about the atlas and
From: K.M.A.Chai_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-04-01 12:15:59

In terms of speed, note that for the intel platforms, Matlab uses Intel
MKL (blas and lapack). My experience is that neither ublas, gsl, nor atlas
beats Intel MKL on intel platforms for large matrices.

Hence, if speed is what you want, you may want to link to the MKL
libraries.

> - My program involves multiplication of very tall matrix by almost
square matrix (1000000x 30 by 30 x 30). I have performed this
multiplication using gsl and it produced the result after 4.1second.
Similar operation, using ublas took about 37second! Similar operation
takes about 0.5second in MATLAB. I presume that there is a blunder in my
program but I cannot figure it out: >

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.