Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] matrix console output
From: Michael (ublas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 03:18:46

Maik Beckmann wrote:
> Michael schrieb am Dienstag 09 Juni 2009 um 08:27:
>
>> Maik Beckmann wrote:

>>> Unless you give a comprehensive description of what your code does, I
>>> doubt it.
>>>
>> May I recommend using the old code then?
>>

> That's the point... What old code? What are you talking about?
>
> I guess you are new to community driven development and it's etiquette.
>
> You expect the reader of your mail to look at the attachment without having an
> idea what its about. This doesn't work out.
>
> You have to advertise for you changes. Point out whats wrong with the old
> behavior and how you fixed it.

Ok, let me explain then. I'm trying to write an algorithm to compute an
orthonormal basis for the column space of a particular matrix A. For
debugging purposes, I will need to print the intermediate results to a
console. Since the output the existing code is barely readable, I've
rewritten part of the io.hpp, so that the output is easier to interpret
by the programmer.

Regards,
Michael