Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] How to solve systems of linear equations?
From: Rui Maciel (rui.maciel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 14:46:56

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Dear Rui,
>
> do you have a system with BLAS or LAPACK available (MKL, ATLAS, etc.)? One
> solution would be to use the LAPACK bindings from the numeric_bindings
> library to solve a system of linear equations.
>
> Kind regards,
> Rutger

I've explored your suggestion and I've stumbled on the Template Numerical
Toolkit[¹], which is pointed out in lapack's site[2] that it is intended to
supersede it. TNT's documentation isn't particularly good but, when compared
to boost::ublas' documentation, it is exemplary. It looks very promising.

I'm currently exploring the idea of getting rid of boost::ublas and porting my
code to TNT but before that I need to run some tests.

Thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel

[¹] http://math.nist.gov/tnt/
[2] http://math.nist.gov/lapack++/