Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] How to solve systems of linear equations?
From: Tim Odenthal (Tim.Odenthal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-11 04:50:15

> > In the meantime, I implemented a highly specialized version of a
> > ConjugateGradient solver myself, since this seemed easier than to adapt
> > our code to use ublas::vectors/matrices everywhere - we use special
> > vectors...
>
> I would be interested in using your custom vectors as an example of how to
> bind foreign containers in the current numeric_bindings -- if you're
> interested, please let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rutger

Hi Rutger,

I feel honored :-), but I'm afraid my code cannot stand up to boost standards
- in addition there might be license problems with the university... Anyway, I
only make use of ublas::mapped_matrix to build up a symmetrical (upper
triangular) matrix out of symmetrical submatrices (fixed-size, custom library)
- and I than use its iterators to implement a multiplication with something
resembling a std::vector of fixed-sized vectors... So my use of ublas is really
minimal (although there's also the function to print out debug output making
use of ublas::matrix, hmm...)
I just needed a well-working sparse matrix class - I really would like to try
the compressed matrix class, but it seems impossible to feed it our
submatrices - gives compile errors (if I understand them correctly the type
must be an arithmetic one)...

Regards
Tim