Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Bindings: second C linkage of overloaded function 'cbdsqr_'
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-11 12:46:54

On 2011-04-11 18:02, George Slavov wrote:
> On 4/11/2011 10:09 AM, George Slavov wrote:
>> This might have to do with BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK not
>> disabling non-CLAPACK includes (and implicitly enabling the Fortran
>> include machinery). Please try to include the specific lapack header
>> (bindings//lapack//{computational,driver,...}/....hpp).
>>
>> Does that help?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rutger
>>

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I was afraid to try to include separate .hpp files lest I end up missing
> some important headers, but now that it was suggested, I decided to try
> it. At the moment I only need
> <boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/driver/ppsv.hpp>, so I included it and
> got the same errors. Then I realized that this header does not check
> whether I want CLAPACK or LAPACK,

... just to make sure we're talking about the same here: we are using
the term CLAPACK for this stuff:

http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/psdoc/lapackqref.ps

which are a couple of subroutines of LAPACK that are provided by ATLAS.
To use LAPACK with the bindings, you don't need the netlib-provided
clapack, you can use the Fortran libs directly.

HtH,
Cheers,

Rutger