Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] [matrix_row] optimized access
From: dariomt_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-01-10 07:59:35

Hi,

I'm using matrix_row class and I think it could use a more efficient access
to data when it references a row_major matrix (idem for matrix_column for
column_major matrix).

Right now it just delegates the access to the matrix it references. But
that means that the offset of the beginning of the row in memory is
computed on each access, instead of being computed only once, say, in the
matrix_row constructor.

I'm using Boost 1.42.0. Maybe this is something that has been improved in a
more recent version of Boost?

If not, can you recommend a way to speed up data access for this case?

Regards,
Dario