Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] ublas_matrix.hpp
From: Thomas Klimpel (thomas.klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-15 10:50:58

Seth J Waldecker wrote:
> Are the comments you posted below from a file that comes with the working copy of the repository?

Yes. The comments are in every file for which a corresponding implementation in Atlas exists. For example in
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/boost/numeric/bindings/blas/level1/asum.hpp
you can find
BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_BLAS_CBLAS
and in
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/driver/gesv.hpp
you can find
BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK

> Where do I define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK?

That's up to you. You can define it directly in the source code (i.e. #define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_BLAS_CBLAS), before including the numeric_bindings headers. Or you can define it in the makefile (i.e. adding -DBOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_BLAS_CBLAS -DBOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK to the compile options) or wherever your build system put preprocessor macro defines.

> The older version that I had contained a folder called ‘atlas’,
> but I can’t find the cblas and clapack .hpp files anywhere in this new version.

They are in the same file as the corresponding blas/lapack binding. If you include both
boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/blas.hpp
and
boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/lapack.hpp
then you can be sure that they are included, even if I wouldn't really recommend such lazyness.

Regards,

Thomas Klimpel