Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-14 06:41:20

I'm sorry, I should never have approved this posting for the
boost-announce list.

Appropriate lists for these question should be evident by reading
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm.

I suggest the C++-sig for Boost.Python and the Jamboost list for
Boost.Build. Please take any further correspondence to one of those
two lists.

"Robert Pasquini" <robp_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm new to boost. I'm trying to use boost for Python, which I'm also new to.
> I'm going to be porting python to platform where I will embedding python
> into another process. I will not be able to dynamically link modules on that
> platform. I think I see that there is a way to have the bjam compile as a
> static library. I would be able to use that given library file to link into
> the python core library file and use the module in my embedded program
> correct? Please correct me if I am wrong. I've been thrown into a lot, and I
> have to assess some things quickly, so forgive my lack of research.

Yes; the current CVS even uses a static Boost.Python library build for its
embedding test. See libs/python/test/Jamfile.

> But, I have not been able to compile bjam yet, because my current system is
> kind of messy and the build batch file got confused as to which compiler to
> use (I'll be dealing with that later). Is there somewhere I can just grab a
> pre-built bjam .exe?

You haven't told us what your platform is, so I can't say whether we
have a prebuilt executable for you.
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/#Jam describes where they can be downloaded.

--
Dave Abrahams