Boost Announcement :
From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 03:28:30
The review of Ion Gaztañagas's Intrusive library begins today,
March 12, and extends up to March 21.
Boost vault: http://boost-consulting.com/vault/
* Online docs:
* Description: Intrusive is a library presenting some intrusive
containers to the world of C++. While intrusive containers were
and are widely used in C, they became more and more
forgotten in C++ due to the presence of the standard containers,
which don't support intrusive techniques. Intrusive not only
reintroduces this technique to C++, but also encapsulates the
implementation in STL-like interfaces. Hence anyone familiar
with standard containers can easily use Intrusive. Like their
STL-counterparts, intrusive containers use template parameters
to control the stored data types and some special aspects of
* Compilers tested (so far):
* Review questions: Here are some questions you might want
to answer in your review:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did
you have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance?
A quick reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
- Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't
obscure your overall opinion.
I invite you to submit your review, either publicly to the developers
or the users lists, or else, if for whatever reason you don't want to
publicize it, directly to me. Thank you for investing some of your
time on reviewing Ion Gaztañaga's Intrusive library.
The Review Manager,
Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk