Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-07 18:04:59

Hi all,

initially I was hoping to find some time over the last weekend to go through
the reviews in great detail to put together a proper review report. Well, as
things happen, I was not able to find the time :-(

To avoid further delays, here is the short version of the review result:
Proto got 16 reviews (That's well above average! Thanks to all for
participating), out of which 15 have been positive. The one 'No' essentially
stated that the library, even if doubtless very useful, shouldn't be
accepted yet, mainly because there has to be done more work in the area of
formalizing the problem domain.

In my opinion this is an overwhelming result and I'm whole heartily agreeing
with the majority of the voters.

Proto is accepted as a Boost library.

The discussions have been very detailed and there have been raised a lot of
(mostly minor) issues, but Eric is aware of the problems and is working on
solving them. I'll try to put together a summary as soon as possible.

Regards Hartmut
Review Manager

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk