Boost Announcement :
From: dan marsden (danmarsden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-13 16:26:02
The Egg review has run for 2 weeks now with zero reviews, which is obviously
disappointing. There has been some good and pretty thorough discussion, and
a couple of promises of reviews. As such, I'm extending the review period
by 1 week until 20th April 2008.
Please do post a review if you have any interest in this library. In case anybody
is unsure, in the case of zero votes being posted, the default result will be
a rejection. Please lets make sure we don't have to fall through to this default case.
It is not so easy to define Function Objects
especially if you want to support Boost.ResultOf and Boost.Lambda.
Therefore, as Boost provides iterator_facade and iterator adaptors,
Egg provides function_facade and function adaptors.
Egg provides the following features:
* Workaround for the Forwarding Problem
* Helpers to build Function Objects:
* egg::function and egg::function_facade provides the way to
build Function Objects which supports Boost.ResultOf and Lambda.
* Function Objects Adaptors(in other words, higher-order functions):
* egg::curryN supports the currying.
* egg::pipable emulates extension methods(C#).
* egg::fuse/unfuse emulates variadic functions.
* egg::nestN represents nested lambda expressions.
The documentation is on line:
The zipped source code is in Vault/FunctionObjects:
Boost Development Trunk and Boost Version1.34.1.
Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
accepted as a Boost library!
Additionally please consider giving feedback on the following general
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Yahoo! For Good helps you make a difference
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk