Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [boost] [Review] Boost.Atomic review starts today, October 17th 2011
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 19:45:12
The review of Helge Bahmann's Boost.Atomic library starts today, October
17th 2011. It will end on October 26th.
I encourage everyone to participate the the discussion on the Boost mailing
list about this very important library. In addition the code can be reviewed
line-by-line in code collaborator (http://demo.smartbear.com/boost/)
Boost.Atomic is a library that provides atomic data types and operations on
these data types, as well as memory ordering constraints required for
coordinating multiple threads through atomic variables. It implements the
interface as defined by the C++11 standard, but makes this feature available
for platforms lacking system/compiler support for this particular C++11
Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
accepted as a boost library!
Additionally please consider giving feedback on the following general
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? On which platform?
Did you have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk