Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [boost][safe_numerics] Formal review starts today
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-01 23:36:45
Today, on March 2nd (or tomorrow, depending on your timezone), is the start
of the formal review of safe_numerics library by Robert Ramey. The review
will run till March 11th. I will be serving as review manager.
safe_numerics is a set of drop-in replacements for the built-in integer
types, which make the guarantee that the results of operations are either
correct according to the rules of integer arithmetic or report a
diagnosable error (rather than offering modulo arithmetic results, or
resulting in undefined behavior, or returning incorrect results as in the
case of signed vs. unsigned comparisons).
The library can be found on GitHub:
Formal Review comments can be posted publicly on the mailing list or Boost
Library Incubator <http://blincubator.com>, or sent privately to the review
manager, that is myself.
Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And most importantly:
Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
For more information about Boost Formal Review Process, see:
Your review is needed!
Andrzej KrzemieÅski, review manager.
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk