Boost Announcement :
Subject: [Boost-announce] [boost] [review] Beast review coming up!
From: Michael Caisse via Boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-21 16:55:50
The Boost formal review of Vinnie Falcoâs Beast library will take place
July 1 - 10, 2017.
Beast is a C++ header-only library serving as a foundation for writing
interoperable networking libraries by providing low-level HTTP/1,
WebSocket, and networking protocol vocabulary types and algorithms using
the consistent asynchronous model of Boost.Asio.
This library will be familiar to programmers that have used Boost.Asio
or the Networking TS. Users who wish to use asynchronous interfaces
should already know how to create concurrent network programs using
callbacks or coroutines.
Beast is designed for:
* Symmetry: Algorithms are role-agnostic; build clients, servers, or
* Ease of Use: Boost.Asio users will immediately understand Beast.
* Flexibility: Users make the important decisions such as buffer or
* Performance: Build applications handling thousands of connections
* Basis for Further Abstraction. Components are well-suited for
Beast can be found here:
* Documentation : <http://vinniefalco.github.io/beast/>
* Source code : <https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast>
* The FAQ answers real questions that come up :
A lightning talk from CppCon 2016 introducing Beast can be found here:
If you find an obvious bug or problem with the library, please open a
GitHub Issue <https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast/issues>. Vinnie has a
track record of resolving issues quickly.
Please feel free to take an early look at the library and ask questions.
Maybe even click that github Star button! The actual review will be
against a non-mutating branch starting July 1st.
-- Michael Caisse Ciere Consulting ciere.com _______________________________________________ Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk