From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 11:50:10
I am pleased to make the following announcements:
1. Most of the really difficult design problems of the Boost.Build
rewrite have now been solved, and we're ready to divide up the work and move
forward with implementation! I will post notice of a design document later
today for your reading enjoyment.
2. Rene Rivera has been pushing the current Boost.Build codebase
forward with the following features:
1. Fixed a problem with the Jamfiles, Jamrules, and other files
from getting multiple incuded. Sometimes as much as 15 times
in my project :-(
2. Support for <libflags> and <sysinclude> in all the current
3. "stage" rule that I mention sometime in the past to collect
files from the various subdirectories to a single one, with
file ranaming depending on the subvariant spec.
4. Ability to specify <dll> as a source dependency. This has the
effect that the DLL is linked in by the use of LIBPATH and
FINDLIBS instead of directly with NEEDLIBS. Which is the prefered
way for shared libraries.
3. Rene has generously agreed to take over maintenance of the current
Boost.Build codebase so that I can devote more energy to the new one. Rene
will also be participating in that project. Rene has proven his
understanding of the current system and I'm confident in his judgement.
Rene will coordinate enhancements like the testing work being done by Joerg
Walter and Brad King. Needless to say, I really appreciate Rene's help.
David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk