From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-03 06:09:23
It's really broken in current CVS. As far as I can tell, the
"kernel/bootstrap.jam" file has some provision for option handling but:
1. It does not really explain what's going on there
2. There's no "help.jam" which is supposed to handle "--help" option.
3. If I specify "--help-all" option, then it tries to locate "help.jam" and...
4. Lastly, the regex in the following line
local split = [ MATCH ^([^-=]+([^=]*))(=?)(.*)$ : $(arg) ] ;
is too complex for me to understand immediately. A comment saying what we're
splitting is in order.
The questions are:
1. Is the situation in (3) a bug?
2. What shall I do to make --help work again, and where "help.jam" belong?
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk