From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-03 05:41:34
The first preview of the next V2 milestone is available from
with documentation at
The changes in this release are:
- Complete support for include dependencies between generated
sources was implemented.
- GNU gettext support was implemeneted.
- "inline" targets were implemented.
- Autoconfiguration of msvc and borland toolsets was improved.
- Bug with causes linking to system libraries to fail on windows in some
cases was fixed.
- Bug which prevented linking to system libraries with '.a' suffix on
windows was fixed.
- Support for <linkflags> and <archiveflags> features was added to borland
- The implicit build of target can now be suppressed with "explicit" rule.
- Documentation was improved and new examples were added.
Since there were a lot of changes, including bjam core changes, I'd appreciate
if some persons try M5 before official release, especially on Windows
Thanks in advance,
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk