From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-06 04:08:22
I'm pleased to announce that the next milestone release of Boost.Build V2 is
for online docs (a copy is included in distribution).
Changes in this release
- Putting library in sources of other library now works even for static
linking, which makes expressing library->library dependency much
- Performance was considerably improved.
- Regression testing framework now works on windows.
- The "alias" rule can have usage requirements and passes on usage
requirements of sources.
- The "stage" rule can traverse dependencies.
- Support for "def files" was implemented.
- Targets paths are now shorter.
- Darwin toolset was improved.
The following bugs were fixed:
- It was not possible to specify empty suffix for a target type derived
from other type.
- The stage rules used to generate incorrect suffix in some cases.
- It was possible to load Jamfile twice.
- The 'use-project' rule was broken when referring to a child project.
- Use of composite properties in requirements did not work.
Developer visible changes:
- New CALC builtin, which considerable improves performance.
- Source layout was reorganized.
- Handling of response file was simplified.
Thanks to Pedro Ferreira, Kirill Lapshin, Andre Hentz, Paul Lin,
Jurgen Hunold, Christopher Currie, and Brock Peabody, who contributed to
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk