Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-24 00:52:10

Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> I went back and set BOOST_BUILD_SLAVE_HOSTNAME to vista.dc.resophonic.com<
>>> http://vista.dc.resophonic.com/>, then tried nmake /I test. It runs for a
>>> bit and then pauses for a long time, then runs a bit more, etc. At this rate
>>> it will take days to run the full set of tests. Is that normal?
>>>
>> I've seen this but haven't had time to dig in and solve it yet. CPU usage
>> drops to zero and the thing just sits there
>

> Yes, those are the symptoms I'm seeing here.
>

>> (there is no
>> network connection open, that isn't the problem). There is something
>> fishy with the python subprocess stuff (on windows. darwin/linux are fine.)
>> that I haven't had time to look at.
>

> Any Python win32api experts out there who could look at this?

It looks like you can fix this pretty easily by using subprocess.communicate()
instead of subprocess.wait(), but then you get other problems with
Visual Studio Debug Library Assertion Failure Popups, how to monitor/timeout
the subprocesses, etc. I created a ticket on this one as well:

   http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2043

-t