Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva (miguelf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 17:05:01

Hello,

The following snippet from the Boost-CMake build CMakeLists.txt file
is not working for me. Particularly, the REGEX ".svn" is causing the
rule to create the ${BOOST_HEADER_DIR}, but doesn't copy all the files
and subdirectories. It doesn't report any errors, it is just excluding
everything I suppose...

install(DIRECTORY boost
        DESTINATION ${BOOST_HEADER_DIR}
        COMPONENT Core
        PATTERN "CVS" EXCLUDE
        REGEX ".svn" EXCLUDE)

The source directory is: c:/cygdir/svncopy/boost-1.35.0/boost
The ${BOOST_HEADER_DIR} is: c:/cygdir/syncs/opt/boost-1.35.0/include/boost-1_35

If I change the line to the following, then it works as it should.

install(DIRECTORY boost
        DESTINATION ${BOOST_HEADER_DIR}
        COMPONENT Core
        PATTERN "CVS" EXCLUDE
        REGEX "/.svn$" EXCLUDE)

Now, from reading the help message, it seems to me that the above
should work. Hence, I think there is a bug in CMake itself, but if I'm
missinterpreting the command instructions please let me know.

If it is a bug, please let me know what other information do you need
to help debug the problem. I'm using:

  cmake version 2.7-20080626
  WinXP
  Visual Studio 8