Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-29 10:18:26

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Before inventing something new, why not ask the Boost.Build folks how
> they suppress unwanted pop ups during Boost regression tests. They went
> through the exact same sequence you are now repeating; first a lot of
> popups occurred, then a few, then a few that closed automatically after
> some time, and finally none at all. That's regardless of whether the
> test involved is running under Boost.Test or not.

Excellent point, but I assumed that Troy had already investigated that
code since the suggestion has already been made in this thread. I have
the impression that because of the way CMake launches build commands,
the BB technique doesn't work all by itself(?)

> Also, are you aware Boost.Test already has the equivalent of
> "lightweight_test"? See trunk\boost\test\minimal.hpp.

Is that really equivalent? IIUC, at the very least, minimal.hpp still
defines your main() for you.

> If minimal.hpp is
> missing something, shouldn't the missing feature be added there rather
> inventing a whole new kind of lightweight test?

I wasn't proposing an additional kind of test; I was proposing a
facility one could #include in a TU that would suppress error dialogs on
Windows.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing