Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-03 10:24:00

Beman Dawes wrote:
> I woke up thinking about this same point.
>
> It is just plain too late to make this sort of change to
> branches/release. We are about to close the release to everything except
> emergency bug fixes, and this clearly doesn't qualify as that.
>
> In thinking more about the effect on merging with trunk, I think that is
> OK (subject to caveats discussed in other messages) once I've done the
> missing merges analysis. That is already overdue; I'll try to get it
> done in the next few days.

Ok. As it turns out, now that our directory hierarchy again mirrors
that of branches/release, it isn't so bad to just track the release
branch. I'm content to wait on merging with trunk, we don't have the
manpower to maintain two branches and are focused on branches/release
in order to get installers built as close to the main 1.36.0 release as
possible.

Do we know who does packaging for the major linux distributions? It
would be good to look at making .debs and .rpms as well.

-t