Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Progress Report
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-04 14:21:32

On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Michael Jackson
> <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I have been working hard on updating the CMake build system to
>> match the
>> Boost trunk repository. As it stands I have been able to compile
>> all the
>> libraries in static and dynamic multi-threaded debug modes. I can
>> get about
>> 50% of the regression test to compile.
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
> What kinds of problems are you running into with the 50% that aren't
> compiling? Anything serious?
>
> --Beman

Nothing serious at this point. It just takes time to compile, wait for
compile error (which is all about include paths at this point), add
the proper module dependency, re-run cmake, re-run make, wait for
compile error....

There have been some general bug fixes and enhancements to the core
Boost-CMake files which ate up some time. I did add the ability of the
graphviz output to have those libraries that are actually compiled to
have a colored node which makes it easier to see those libraries in
the dependency graph.

For those interested, here is the latest dependency graph (which will
change as soon as I do the next compile cycle most likely) but gives
you an idea of what boost is looking like.

<http://www.bluequartz.net/dependencies.pdf>

Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
             www.bluequartz.net