Boost Interest :
Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Progress Report
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-05 19:56:52
On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Michael Jackson
>> <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I have been working hard on updating the CMake build system to
>>> match the
>>> Boost trunk repository. As it stands I have been able to compile
>>> all the
>>> libraries in static and dynamic multi-threaded debug modes. I can
>>> get about
>>> 50% of the regression test to compile.
>> Thanks for the update!
>> What kinds of problems are you running into with the 50% that aren't
>> compiling? Anything serious?
> Nothing serious at this point. It just takes time to compile, wait
> for compile error (which is all about include paths at this point),
> add the proper module dependency, re-run cmake, re-run make, wait
> for compile error....
> There have been some general bug fixes and enhancements to the core
> Boost-CMake files which ate up some time. I did add the ability of
> the graphviz output to have those libraries that are actually
> compiled to have a colored node which makes it easier to see those
> libraries in the dependency graph.
> For those interested, here is the latest dependency graph (which
> will change as soon as I do the next compile cycle most likely) but
> gives you an idea of what boost is looking like.
> Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
Just an update. I was finally able to get the regression tests to
compile to 100%. What this means is that if the regression test
involved creating an executable then that test was compiled but not
yet actually executed. The regression tests that are currently being
compiled were left over from the previous CMake files so some newer
tests are obviously not included at this point. Also, I have not
updated my svn working directory since sometime last week.
I did actually try "make test" and I get into the exception regression
tests and I get a hard failure which stops everything. The test that
is failing is a test where a source file is actually attempted to be
compiled and is failing. I believe I know the problem so I am going to
dive into that next.
Again, this is with a static-multi-threaded build only on OS X 10.5.5
with gcc (Xcode 3.1). I have yet to try this on windows. I Have VS
express 2008 at my disposal to try sometime.
Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]