Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Using QuickBook without Boost.Build
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 12:27:54

Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The QuickBook toolchain is a bit tricky to set up properly. According to
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted
> the chain to generate .html from a .qbk file is QuickBook -> BoostBook -> DocBook -> HTML
>
> According to the documentation of QuickBook
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/quickbook.html
> QuickBook will need Boost.Build, hence bjam. However, this documentation might be obsolete. I was wondering whether this "cmake project" found a way to process QuickBook documentation without falling back to bjam based Boost.Build.
>
> (Just looking for a clear answer, I have no problems using Boost.Build for processing QuickBook.)

Boost-cmake can do it, there is nothing inherent to the task that
excludes cmake or any other build tool. In fact I recently started
quickbookizing the docs from the wiki, and boost-cmake can build them.

That said, not all projects are set up on the cmake side (you have to
specify where your docs are, etc., from your library's CMakeLists.txt)
and I'm sure it needs some tweaking, as the toolchain is indeed brittle.
   If you want to play with it and try to tune it up a bit, be my guest :)

-t