Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Using QuickBook without Boost.Build
From: Thomas Klimpel (thomas.klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 18:57:36

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> That said, not all projects are set up on the cmake side (you have to
> specify where your docs are, etc., from your library's CMakeLists.txt)
> and I'm sure it needs some tweaking, as the toolchain is indeed brittle.
> If you want to play with it and try to tune it up a bit, be my guest
> :)

I played a bit with it:

1) I had to explicitly set the DOCBOOK_DTD_DIR var to /usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.2 and the DOCBOOK_XSL_DIR var to /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh, because cmake marked them as "XXX-DIR-NOTFOUND". I guess that's fine, since I also had to manually adapt user-config.jam.

2) The generation of doc for mpi fails, even if I don't have mpi installed. Note that I have not modularized my source-tree (the error messages contain ../libs/mpi/include/boost/mpi/xxx, which seems to indicate some form of modularization). The only way out for me was "make -k".

3) Only boost_range, function and cmake actually build documentation. Is this also related to the modularization of the source tree?

4) Even when I set the BUILD_DOCUMENTATION var to ON, only the manpages are build automatically. I have to explicitly write "make cmake-html", "make function-html", "make range-html" to generate the html documentation.

But the final html documentation looks nearly fine, only the navigation controls (prev/up/next) are not correct.

Regards,
Thomas

--
"Der Pessimist behauptet, dass alles schon so schlimm ist,
 dass es gar nicht mehr schlimmer sein könnte.