Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] trying to use non-system Python
From: Randy Heiland (heiland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 10:08:01

Hello,

I'll post this in case someone knows the answer, while I go searching...

I want to specify a non-system Python to be used, so I set the
following in my CMakeCache.txt (obviously, I'm on OSX):

PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=<path-to-my>/Python.framework
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/local/bin/python2.6
PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=<path-to-my>/Python.framework/Headers
PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=<path-to-my>/Python.framework

However, re-config'ing, both of the LIB vars get reset to the system
Python:
PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Python
PYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Python

I'm able to get away with doing this, i.e. specify non-system Python,
for another cmake-based project. I'm guessing the problem has to do
with FindPythonLibs.cmake

cmake version 2.6-patch 2

thanks, Randy