Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] Tool: tracking jamfile changes
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-14 14:59:12

I was playing around with git and put together a script to help us keep
up with what is happening in bjamland. It is run every 10 minutes by a
cronjob. The output is here:

http://sodium.resophonic.com/cmakefiles-release-inspect.txt

At the top are "out of date" files, that is, where a CMakeLists.txt is
in a directory with a Jamfile.v2, and the Jamfile.v2 has been modified
more recently than the CMakeLists.txt. Shown is the diff of the
jamfile between the head, and the state at the time of the last commit
to the cmakelists.

At the bottom of the file are lists of missing CMakeLists.txt and those
that are up to date.

So if you feel like helping out, have a look in there and try to make
the list smaller. That script is run every 10 minutes, you won't see
results immediately.

So, if you edit a CMakeLists.txt, PLEASE try to be sure that it is
completely in sync with the corresponding jamfile when you commit. If
there is something you need to postpone, mark it up with

message(STATUS "Something descriptive about what needs to be done")

before you commit.

I just checked and the release branch has ~3200 tests on it. We're
running 2067 of them. So there is a bit of work to do yet.

-t