Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Tool: tracking jamfile changes
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-14 16:02:11

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM, troy d. straszheim
<troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I was playing around with git and put together a script to help us keep up
> with what is happening in bjamland.  It is run every 10 minutes by a
> cronjob.  The output is here:
>
> http://sodium.resophonic.com/cmakefiles-release-inspect.txt

Very cool! Does this use git-specific features, or might it be
possible to make this check part of the regression tests?

> At the bottom of the file are lists of missing CMakeLists.txt and those that
> are up to date.

Cool. I see that there are a bunch of "missing" entries for, e.g.,
libs/foo/build. Our convention is to put the CMakeLists.txt file where
the source code is (e.g., libs/foo/src), so I think if there's a
libs/foo/src/CMakeLists.txt then we shouldn't complain about a missing
libs/foo/build/CMakeLists.txt.

  - Doug