Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Labels for known failures
From: David Cole (david.cole_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-19 07:27:01

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Brad King <brad.king_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Michael Jackson wrote:
>
>> thanks for the heads up about vxl. I took those 2 scripts and adapted
>> them for boost. I have since been able to submit an experimental Dashboard
>> to <http://www.cdash.org/CDashPublic/index.php?project=Boost>. Look for
>> ferb_at_[hidden] - the one that actually ran all the tests.
>>

> Nice.
>
> Also, if you click on the "site" you get some stats about the machine that
>> built boost.. All of which is either wrong or not filled in. Are there some
>> configuration options for this that need to be set or is the parsing code
>> for CTest not grepping OS X machines correctly?
>>

> IIRC it's parsed by code in the "Source/kwsys/SystemInformation.cxx"
> source in CMake:
>

> http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Source/kwsys/SystemInformation.cxx?revision=1.40&root=CMake&view=markup

I looked at this issue briefly a couple months ago, but was too busy to make
a ctest fix at the time. The problem with SystemInformation on Mac OSX is
that the command lines used to gather the information do not use a full path
to execute the programs. We should do a FIND_PROGRAM equivalent and use the
full path to the programs because the environment of running from a crontab
entry does not have the same PATH setup that a typical Mac terminal shell
does...

I just opened a cmake/ctest bug and assigned it to myself so it does not get
lost in the shuffle...

HTH,
David