Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Labels for known failures
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-19 09:30:04

David,

I am having some trouble wrapping my head around what exactly is meant
by:

GetLogicalProcessorsPerPhysical

Is that logical per core, per CPU or what? Right now I calculate the
value based on the number of logical and physical. So for my Xeon with
HyperThreading I get a value of 8. Does that seem correct?

For the other machines all the other items seem to be reporting ok.
And looking at the sysctl reports that Troy sent all the values that
are getting used seem to be the appropriate ones.

I am trying to work through the Memory calculations at the moment and
get the VM stats at the same time.

Also, there is another entry:
Is64Bits: 0

Which can mean multiple things. The way it is written now this simply
tells if CMake was compiled in 32Bit or 64 Bit mode. Was that supposed
to mean is the CPU 64 Bit capable?

THanks

---
Mike Jackson                 www.bluequartz.net