Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] CMakeLists.txt missing copyright and licence
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 20:28:44

On Fri, 29 May 2009, troy d. straszheim wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> This is causing lots of inspect failures. See
>> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html
>>
>> I'd like to see these cleared ASAP so I can pester developers about their
>> real inspect problems during the bug sprint. Since some of these files are
>> generated automatically, the generator needs fixing too.
>>

> I'm getting on a plane in a few hours, will be offline, back in about 10
> days, sorry I can't get to this.
>
> If nobody else steps up, please feel free to just delete the CMakeLists.txt
> files, module.cmake files, and build/tools/CMake directory (I think that's
> everything)... I can readd later without much difficulty and really don't
> want to hold anything up. The trunk is lagging behind the release at the
> moment anyway.

The CMake-based build system should not be removed, even temporarily, in
my opinion. Nick Edmonds and I depend on it because it is the only way to
run the tests for Boost.MPI and the parallel parts of Boost.Graph. In
particular, it is essential to be able to run the Boost.Graph tests while
developing that library. Therefore, I request that you do not remove this
infrastructure. Thank you.

-- Jeremiah Willcock