Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] cmake regression for 1.40 vs. 1.39...
From: Ingmar Vanhassel (ingmar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-06 17:50:17

Excerpts from troy d. straszheim's message of Sun Sep 06 23:02:53 +0200 2009:
> Sean Chittenden wrote:
> > Hello. I'm trying to use 1.40 in a fresh dev environment using cmake
> > and am having significant difficulties getting it to work. 1.39 works
> > flawlessly with cmake, but 1.40.... not so much. I've had to manually
> > edit Makefiles and .cmake files to include various include_directories,
> > change cmake_install.cmake files, etc.
> >
> > Is there a branch that's not the mainline boost svn that contains a
> > working cmake build environment? I know cmake is considered
> > experimental but it looks like there's a fair amount of bit rot in the
> > cmake build goo.
> >
> > Should I migrate back to bjam? Thanks in advance.
> >

> I'm not seeing any problems with a simple build-and-install on recent
> ubuntu... what are the details of what you're seeing? I'll be
> maintaining cmake branches out in gitland, if you want to clone and
> participate, great; otherwise, diffs against 1.40 are cool too.
>
> -t

'make DESTDIR=/foo install' is broken here:

-- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/std/slist.hpp
-- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/list_of.hpp
-- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/list_inserter.hpp
-- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/ptr_map_inserter.hpp
-- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/strong_typedef.hpp
CMake Error at libs/preprocessor/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot find file
  "/home/ingmar/development/git/boost/libs/preprocessor/include/boost" to
  install.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  libs/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
  cmake_install.cmake:42 (INCLUDE)

This seems to be https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2189

This can be worked around by "make modularize", which my packages currently do,
but that's less than ideal. It also doesn't play nicely when compiling boost
from a source-control repository.

Regards,
Ingmar

--