Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] cmake regression for 1.40 vs. 1.39...
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-06 22:01:32

Ingmar Vanhassel wrote:

> 'make DESTDIR=/foo install' is broken here:
>
> -- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/std/slist.hpp
> -- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/list_of.hpp
> -- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/list_inserter.hpp
> -- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/assign/ptr_map_inserter.hpp
> -- Installing: /home/ingmar/development/git/boost/DESTDIR/usr/local/include//boost/strong_typedef.hpp
> CMake Error at libs/preprocessor/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
> file INSTALL cannot find file
> "/home/ingmar/development/git/boost/libs/preprocessor/include/boost" to
> install.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
> libs/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
> cmake_install.cmake:42 (INCLUDE)
>
> This seems to be https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2189
>
> This can be worked around by "make modularize", which my packages currently do,
> but that's less than ideal. It also doesn't play nicely when compiling boost
> from a source-control repository.

Ah, I see why I missed that, I was using cmake from CVS to test some new
features. This 'modularization' stuff has turned into a bit of a fiasco.

Fixes here:

   http://gitorious.org/~straszheim/boost/cmake/

Here is the direct download link for the cmake/1.40.0 branch,

   http://gitorious.org/boost/cmake/archive-tarball/1.40.0

Included are a bunch of docs, which can be viewed online here:

http://gitorious.org/~straszheim/boost/cmake/blobs/raw/1.40.0/tools/build/CMake/docs/build/html/index.html

All are of course welcome to clone that repository and push commits,
you can make merge requests here or on gitorious.

-t