Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Configuration for sonames for the boost dynamic libraries on Unix
From: Ingmar Vanhassel (ingmar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-28 15:56:13

Excerpts from Sean Chittenden's message of Wed Oct 28 20:39:59 +0100 2009:
> Avoid pkg-config, it's very Linux and drags in a ton of dependencies
> (most of the time, never required, but that's the way it goes with
> everyone's packaging system of choice). A cmake variable would be
> preferred, imo (similar to the cmake boost version foo). -sc

So let's make pkg-config opt-in?

What ton of dependencies are you referring to?

How's it linuxy? Do you mean that it's not convenient on non-unix?

pkg-config is quite useful on linux distributions. I largely prefer using
pkg-config over going back to having a gazillion foo-config binaries.

--
Exherbo KDE, X.org maintainer