Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Release 1.41.0.cmake0
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 13:42:39

troy d. straszheim wrote:

> Surya Kiran Gullapalli wrote:
>>> I'll have a look. Meanwhile, could you try specifying the paths
>>> with
>> forwardslashes rather than backslashes?
>>
>> Thanks, It worked
>>
>> This behaviour is different from bjam.
>
> I'm not too concerned with doing things exactly as bjam does them.
> In the case of zlib/bzip2, we want to rely as much as possible on
> cmake's built-in package-finding mechanisms:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#module:FindZLIB
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#module:FindBZip2
>
>> If ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR is not defined and ZLIB_SOURCE is defined, bjam
>> builds a zlib library automatically with boost prefix.
>
> I don't follow you here. bjam automagically downloads and builds zlib?
> My initial reaction is that I wouldn't want to emulate this.

Per Boost.Iostream documenation, one can set ZLIB_SOURCE to a directory
containing unpacked zlib source, and those will be compiled and included
in the library.

I am not exactly jumping with joy about this, but I assume if the
library developer wanted this mode, it should be respected. And when
I recently asked if this should be kept, on the devel ml, at least one
user said he uses this functionality.

- Volodya