Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] boost 1.41.0-cmake0 and CMake 2.6.4 - The usual, CMake can not find boost.
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 11:12:53

Philip Lowman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Another possiblity is to distribute a script, say, FindBoost2.cmake that
>> people could put into their projects that would first look for
>> cmake-installed boosts and then fall back to FindBoost.cmake practice if
>> they're not available.
>
> Does the CMake/boost build make install a BoostConfig.cmake or
> boost-config.cmake exports file? If this is done then I don't even
> think there needs to be a FindBoost2.cmake.... find_package(Boost)
> should work if the file is placed in lib/boost-<version>

It's in the docs:

http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/current-docs/exported_targets.html
http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost-cmake/current-docs/install_customization.html

There are exported targets, there is NO_MODULE, there is the
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, there are variables to configure how and whether
various cmake infrastructure to help the find_package process is
installed... lots of nasty details.

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Package_Configuration_Files
>
> Of course if you want to patch FindBoost to make this process easier
> we can do that too.
>
>> Anyhow, when I said "clean break with the past", I wasn't talking about
>> changing some underscores to dots just to be different.
>
> Are there a lot of other differences between a make-installed version
> of Boost w/CMake and a make-installed version Boost w/bjam?

No, as Mike Jackson recently demonstrated you can make the installation
basically identical by setting a few variables correctly.

-t