Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] boost 1.41.0-cmake0 and CMake 2.6.4 - The usual, CMake can not find boost.
From: Philip Lowman (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-06 16:34:11

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Another possiblity is to distribute a script, say, FindBoost2.cmake that
> people could put into their projects that would first look for
> cmake-installed boosts and then fall back to FindBoost.cmake practice if
> they're not available.

Does the CMake/boost build make install a BoostConfig.cmake or
boost-config.cmake exports file? If this is done then I don't even
think there needs to be a FindBoost2.cmake.... find_package(Boost)
should work if the file is placed in lib/boost-<version>

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Package_Configuration_Files

Of course if you want to patch FindBoost to make this process easier
we can do that too.

> Anyhow, when I said "clean break with the past",  I wasn't talking about
> changing some underscores to dots just to be different.

Are there a lot of other differences between a make-installed version
of Boost w/CMake and a make-installed version Boost w/bjam?

--
Philip Lowman