Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] building boost in subdirectory
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-17 10:20:28

1) Are you talking about creating a "Subset" of the boost distribution that
only includes the elements (headers/libraries) that you are interested in?

2) Or are you talking about building boost as part of your project via a
call to add_subdirectory()?

For (1) I have hacked up bcp to basically do that. This involves building
boost including "bcp", running bcp on the boost sources with arguments such
that the headers/modules/libraries that you want are then copied into
another completely different source location. If I did things correctly you
can then "cd" into that new directory, run cmake and then build boost and
only the libraries you are interested in will be built available.

For (2) you can probably set some "boost variables" before the
"add_subdirectory()" call to configure boost to your projects needs.

 Or were you after a different use case?

Mike Jackson

On 12/17/09 10:04 AM, in article
AB48A31C4EC97E498F4235B7CEF74A1901E546127C_at_[hidden], "Biddiscombe,