Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st
From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 20:46:02

On Jul 27, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>> There are a lot of things in the day-to-day development of Boost that
>> users just don't need to know about. The various workings of our
>> Subversion repository, release management procedures, header
>> policies, etc. just don't matter to users. I guess they could live
>> somewhere on boost.org, away from the user-centric documentation, but
>
> I pointed this out in the my other reply
> <http://beta.boost.org/development/website_updating.html>. I already
> have such separation on the new web site.

That does work rather well. Okay, I agree that the development
section of the web site is the right place for developer-centric
documentation as well. We'll use the wiki for the things that wikis
do best: allow people to collaborate on documentation, to eventually
be moved into a more permanent location.

        - Doug